POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Jul 2002 08:11:31
Message: <3d3d47f3$1@news.povray.org>

news: chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> The only problem I see is that some of the shadows are too dark,
> especially on the cluster of plants along the fence to the left, the
> shadows are nearly black.

A major issue this one :( particularly if I want to print it (I had trouble
with this before). There are indeed black spots all over the place
(including some of the leaves). Part is due to the post-process I did.
Possibly the only way out would be to ouptut to 48 bit and then use the
compression technique shown by Kari Kivisalo here
http://www.luxlab.com/c/compress.htm
but I don't have Photoshop and my image editor doesn't support 48 bit images
(I haven't tried the Gimp though).

> The only thing that really tips me off that
> this isn't an unprocessed photo is the different tree in the
> reflection...if it was included in a bunch of photos I wouldn't suspect
> it was computer rendered. A really nice job on this one...

Thanks !

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com